Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Here We Go!

Well, we're about to start our adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun. We leave on the 18th and after an 11 1/2 hour flight will arrive in the late afternoon of the 19th at Kansai International Airport. Then we'll be whisked away to Nara, the ancient capital of Japan, also known as our new hometown.

I can't wait to get settled in Japan and start exploring the area. Nara is filled to the brim with historical places and has eight World Heritage Sites. It is a medium sized city of just under 370,00 and is about 40 minutes from both Kyoto and Osaka.

I plan on spending as much of my free time visiting as much of the area as possible: Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima, etc. I'd really like to concentrate on my photography as well. I know I took a lot of pictures the last time I was in Japan, but this time I really want to take my time and develop my skills.

At the moment, I'm a little nervous about starting work with NOVA. The idea of having a real job and other such responsibilities is more than a little nerve-wracking. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Anyway, we'll let you know all about our adventures as they happen, so check back every week for a new post and follow along as we do Japan!

No comments: