I write this article the wake of a queasy evening. For dinner, Bunny and I had gyu-don, a dish made with beef, scrambled eggs, and onions over a bowl of rice. As we were talking about this it sounded as if it would be a very good idea. Bunny and I can't have beef that often because it's about three times as expensive as it is back home, so we were looking forward to a little splurge in our diet. The only problem was that we went a little overboard in the amount of beef we bought on sale at the local supermarket. After Bunny had made dinner we each had a pile of beef mixed in with our rice and mushrooms (not a traditional ingredient in gyu-don but we had to do something with them). Neither of us could finish, in fact, neither of us ate even half of the rice. We both pushed our bowls away.
Bunny: Oh my god, I'm so full.
KC: I feel as if I've got a rock in my stomach.
Bunny: My head hurts.
We eventually crawled onto a futon in the bedroom and moaned with stomachaches and lightheadedness. Neither of us had had that much beef in all of the time we had come to Japan, even when we went to Mos Burger (one of the few authentic burger and fry chains in Japan).
Bunny: I don't think you'll want a pastrami burger the first thing when you get back.
KC: Stop talking about the b-word. *Groans*
We felt better after a half an hour or so, but neither of us is going to be eating a big steak on our return home: we'd both had less than 4 ounces of the offending stuff at dinner.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
KC & Bun-Bun, by the time you read this you will be in the United States! Andy and I are so excited to be seeing you tomorrow morning (our time). I'm glad that I read this post before you came into town, so that I know not to OD your system with beef as soon as you come home. Happy Birthday, and we can't wait to see you.
love, kt
Post a Comment